Thursday, April 18, 2013

Blood to the Brain

Research shows that 15 minutes of cardio prior to testing increases student success, and this morning we did that before we completed our Unit 9 math assessment. Several of the kids commented during or after the test that they "totally felt way better and were thinking much more clearly" after beginning the day with exercise. So, I checked with Mrs. Joyce, and each day that we are MAP testing we (or I, since the kids could dress this way every day if they wanted to) will be able to come in "work out" clothes. (I realized quite quickly this morning that wearing boots and doing cardio don't mix. :) ) So...the kids will be writing notes in their agendas to remind them to put on sweats or comfortable clothes they can MOVE in. They asked about shorts and tank tops. These are fine as long as they have either long pants and/or sweatshirts to layer over the top. I also reminded them to make sure they had their snow gear since I wouldn't allow them to stay inside if they "forgot" their snow pants. I'm excited to "move and grove" to get our blood flowing and see some great test scores tomorrow morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment